DAY 2:first day first adventure first debacle

Ourfirst day in Japan started well as we all headed off to the station. I chatted to some of the students about things and one of them who had been living in Tokyo for a while explained you didn't ned tissues in case of toilet issues as you needed to in China. So it was with no fear that I headed off to my first public toilet experience. Beautiful, clean, upright minimal toilet. First visit if the day after a few coffeess. Get my drift?? Finished and looked for the toilet paper. No paper, but a button instead. O goody. The pleasure machine/ bottom washer. I pushed it and the sound of tinkling water filled the air. Bummer ( at the risk of being far too punny). So i pulled the old hand wipe out of the purse, did what i could and left the cubicle. Miming bum wiping and confusion to the 12 year old washroom attendant i was pointed to the vending machine for toilet paper. Which leads me to the sorry ATM debalce but that's another whole story.

BTW, THis is Gill waiting with me at the shinkansen station.

No comments:

Post a Comment